A (potentially) useful suggestion

nexus425

Regular
Sep 27, 2016
On the subject of lag/latency, I understand that there are many factors that go into dealing with it. I have seen many people complaining about it, so here is what I suggest: set up a series of polls that reset every 1-2 weeks. They ask if you have lag on your favorite server (meaning 1 poll per server group), and then ask how much it interferes with gameplay. If this is done, I believe that we can get a much better idea of approximately how many people are having trouble with latency, and on which servers it seems to affect the most, which will help in the decision on which servers need to be "worked on" more.

nexus425

Regular
Sep 27, 2016
Thanks. Since this is a major issue, we do need an effective and easy-to-understand way of dealing with it. While this isn't the entire solution, it is one step.

nexus425

Regular
Sep 27, 2016
I do understand that the staff care as well, seeing as they (supposedly) also play on the server, all I was suggesting is that we figure out where the highest number of players affected by latency issues are concentrated so that, in theory, there are far less "I'm getting lag" complaints on the forums.