Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

+stan

Regular
Oct 12, 2016
I beg to differ as it seems a bit overboard and will not fix the issue of over the top mob farms and reactors it will be a temp fix at best, If anything i believe more rules on mob farms and reactors should be added, on the old minecraft server i played on we had a rule that you had to be within 20 blocks of a spawner for it to spawn anything if not it had to be inactive and for cursed earth farms the mobs HAD to be killed within 10 seconds or the farm had to be removed/improved, this worked really well in reducing lag at least until people started making 32x32x40 reactors... the admins then banned the over the top reactors and forced players to either make smaller more efficient reactors or find alt methods of power.

Now i can speak from personal experience that you do not need a very big reactor for a ton of power mine is 16x16x10 (outside casing dimentions) and makes 98k rf/t which is a lot more than i can use at once with a full resonant machine workshop running full ball. I have made it this big so i can use a couple of laser drills as i am VIP+ rank but aside from the drills nothing else even comes close to needing that much per tick.

Yes Draconic Evolution does require lots of power but said reactor is more than capable of keeping all my gear charged easily because its not a constant requirement for power only to recharge every now and then.

I know most people do not like being restricted in what they can and cannot build but if we want the server to be more reliable it needs to be or we will have the same issue over and over.

Phyl_Swyft

The Prometheus
Staff member
Owner
Aug 14, 2016
I beg to differ as it seems a bit overboard and will not fix the issue of over the top mob farms and reactors it will be a temp fix at best, If anything i believe more rules on mob farms and reactors should be added, on the old minecraft server i played on we had a rule that you had to be within 20 blocks of a spawner for it to spawn anything if not it had to be inactive and for cursed earth farms the mobs HAD to be killed within 10 seconds or the farm had to be removed/improved, this worked really well in reducing lag at least until people started making 32x32x40 reactors... the admins then banned the over the top reactors and forced players to either make smaller more efficient reactors or find alt methods of power.

Now i can speak from personal experience that you do not need a very big reactor for a ton of power mine is 16x16x10 (outside casing dimentions) and makes 98k rf/t which is a lot more than i can use at once with a full resonant machine workshop running full ball. I have made it this big so i can use a couple of laser drills as i am VIP+ rank but aside from the drills nothing else even comes close to needing that much per tick.

Yes Draconic Evolution does require lots of power but said reactor is more than capable of keeping all my gear charged easily because its not a constant requirement for power only to recharge every now and then.

I know most people do not like being restricted in what they can and cannot build but if we want the server to be more reliable it needs to be or we will have the same issue over and over.
It is not mob farms or reactors. Those do not cause as much lag as you think. It is all the automation. There's so many activators, we can't even nerf them to fix the lag.

+stan

Regular
Oct 12, 2016
ah see the server i was on had massive issues due to people have massive reactors and a stupid amount of mob grinders (someone had over 50 spawners at one point all contantly spitting out 6 mobs every 3 seconds...), we didn't have too many issues with machines causing lag as most people used the mekanism machines for their refining due to having 5 slots per machine.

If the autonomous activators are creating so much lag why not ban them? it would be a inconvenience for some things but apart from wither grinders i don't see anything else that cannot be replaced with other stuff.

Phyl_Swyft

The Prometheus
Staff member
Owner
Aug 14, 2016
ah see the server i was on had massive issues due to people have massive reactors and a stupid amount of mob grinders (someone had over 50 spawners at one point all contantly spitting out 6 mobs every 3 seconds...), we didn't have too many issues with machines causing lag as most people used the mekanism machines for their refining due to having 5 slots per machine.

If the autonomous activators are creating so much lag why not ban them? it would be a inconvenience for some things but apart from wither grinders i don't see anything else that cannot be replaced with other stuff.
Because they are needed in the pack.

+stan

Regular
Oct 12, 2016
Ok fair enough, sorry if i have annoyed you about it, but a reset would be of the most help with the lag issues if said machines are unable to be banned or at least restricted. It will be interesting starting fresh with everyone else though i have a feeling a few people will not be overly happy with it.

MPMob

Regular
Sep 30, 2016
United Kingdom
To be honest, I'm end game now and I have nothing to do... A server reset would be amazing. Allowing every player new or old to start at the same place again. No one will be overpowered. A reset would also mean a massive decrease in unused islands and therefore a reduction of lag.

ApolloCam

Regular
Oct 25, 2016
To be honest, I'm end game now and I have nothing to do... A server reset would be amazing. Allowing every player new or old to start at the same place again. No one will be overpowered. A reset would also mean a massive decrease in unused islands and therefore a reduction of lag.
HERE HEREEE

Nitia

Regular
Oct 17, 2016
Yes yes yes, side note. After reset could an admin put a large claim inside the last millenium or something to avoid the current situation happening again?

ZenoZX

Regular
Oct 24, 2016
While I don't play on sf2.5 (I play on sf2.5b, If it has come to this then i think YES. Besides, starting anew would be great for some engame people, not so much for starters, But at least everyone can start anew and not immediately be "Overpowered"

Status
Not open for further replies.