(RR4) Use RTG World Type, In Event Of Map Reset

Rasply

Regular
Jan 26, 2017
Orbiting planet Kepler-56(A) c
I'm not saying we need a new map right now. I'm just saying, when the time inevitably comes to reset RR4's map, it should use the default Realistic Terrain Gen world type instead of the one hackneyed in by Quark.

Why bring this up when there're no known plans to reset the map, you may ask? Well, ney-sayer, you go right now, start a creative SP world, set the world type to Realistic, load it up and just look around.

Tell me that isn't gorgeous.

Another potential pro of using the default RTG type is, it may actually save a bit on laggy terrain gen. I've found that forests genned on the current world type cause tremendous strain on both the server and passing players. This is likely due to both the sheer amount of vegetation and the ridiculous amount of baseless leaves that immediately decay, dropping hundreds of saplings and apples right after generating. the trees are also butt ugly, difficult to navigate through and give an absurd amount of wood when logging with Vein Miner. These problems simply don't happen on an RTG world, at least in my SP testing anyway.

And that's it. Just an idea to put on the backburner until the time comes.