Using banned items for crafting?

exploreforce

Regular
Nov 28, 2016
Hello I am exploreforce and play on the RR3 server!
I have a question that maybe many would like to know about.
I am currently in the process of building a KAMI armor for myself but I realised that "Primal Wand Focus" and an "arcane Bore" are needed for the infusion, both of which are banned items. So is there a way to still create my Kami armor? And if there is, how does it work?

exploreforce

Regular
Nov 28, 2016
I do not wanna be rude, but I know other servers have managed to make it still possible to use those banned items in crafting recipies. Disable right klicking with that focus or putting it on a wand is possible i know it for a fact and with the same grief prevention plugin used on the servers here. I just think you are taking a lot off the game if players cannot use items that are banned like the primal focus in recipies for crafting with it and it is a reason for players who love thaumcraft, such as me to go to another server instead... I'd love to stay because the community is really good, so i'd really love if some admin could look into it. thank you and sorry for bothering.

Oct 25, 2016
you can still craft using AE and other auto crafters as long s the banned item doesn't leave the said inventory
so you need to use a crafter that can cover multiple steps of a crafting recipe.As in have the crafter make the item store it internally and use it as a crafting component for the next stage of crafting.

Ozelotte

Regular
Sep 17, 2016
as far as i remember you can still make the arcane bore - you just cant place it down - so it is perfectly fine to use for crafting?