Hermitpack - broken spawners for Ender IO not being given

Kooky Koala

Regular
Oct 17, 2016
I can't see a section for Hermitpack yet. Since yesterday I have broken a number of spawners, expecting to get back a broken spawner, which I can use to make a powered spawner in Ender IO. I'm only getting some spawner shard for another mod. On another server we got both when breaking a spawner. Have these been taken out of the pack by admins?

Kooky Koala

Regular
Oct 17, 2016
Pranking new members does not seem so friendly. I am quite aware that explosions near spawners would blow them up in vanilla and usually in modded. That is of course what happened when I set off TNT next to a spawner I found. I would be grateful if someone could just clarify if the server does not want us to be using Ender IO powered spawners and has configured the pack not to give us broken spawners when we use a pickaxe on them. That is the way that ender IO works and has done on this pack last week on a different server.

Phyl_Swyft

The Prometheus
Staff member
Owner
Aug 14, 2016
Wasn't pranking you. Someone asked about this on our Abridged server, and we found that you get broken spawners by blowing them up. We've changed none of the mod configs.

Kooky Koala

Regular
Oct 17, 2016
OK, thanks. I put tnt on a block next to the spawner and set it off with a flint and steel. The spawner just disappeared, so I'm a bit puzzled. I was on a different server last week, before the pack update, and we got broken spawners when hitting spawners with a pickaxe.

Kooky Koala

Regular
Oct 17, 2016
Could I ask that the admins/owner check the EnderIO.cfg file and check the following section of the configuration file please? As I say, I have been on another server and got broken spawners with a pick. Yesterday I went into single player and checked that broken spawners were returned when breaking with a pick. They were.

The section that determines if a broken spawner that can be used to make powered spawners, is given is:

"poweredspawner settings" {
# The chance a broken spawner will be dropped when a spawner is broken. 1 = 100% chance, 0 = 0% chance
D:brokenSpawnerDropChance=1.0

# When a spawner is broken with these tools they will not drop a broken spawner [default: [RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_bedpick]]
S:brokenSpawnerToolBlacklist <
RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_bedpick

I would be very grateful if you could check this out. I am generally enjoying the server and it is good to see a very healthy number of players joining it.

Kooky Koala

Regular
Oct 17, 2016
The Admins/owner still haven't repllied about the Ender IO config file for broken spawners yet. I know that you say you haven't changed the values, but what happens if there was something not set right when you installed it? Broken spawners are not dropping here and yet they are on other servers and in single player. JavaTech blew up some spawners and got broken spawners, but when I did it, nothing was returned. So there is some setting meaning that we players do not actually get them.

Kooky Koala

Regular
Oct 17, 2016
I did say in my post that you had already said that none of the configs had been changed. I'm asking that you check in case they were set to not give broken spawners when you downloaded the pack.

I do also want to say that if we can get broken spawners to make powered spawners then the server will likely have less torcherinos. I saw last night that Torcherino crafting had been disabled. However, admins/mods were not going around saying that torcherinos were banned, please take them up. There was no server message broadcasting every now and then. There has been no KookyKraft forum post on the matter, informing players of the policy. This morning the subject of torcherinos came up in chat when someone asked if torcherinos could be banned. The admin clarified that they are and said please take them down before admins do. So, while I was with the helpful Javatech before we again were trying out stuff like does TNT have to be 2 blocks away etc. Broken spawners dropped for him but not for me, whatever we did. He let me keep one of the broken spawners, so I have just made a zombie pigman powered spawner and taken down the vanilla zombie pigman spawner and the 4 torcherinos that were on it. If you are worried about torcherinos possibly causing server load, then various players are likely to be running vanilla spawners converted to whatever mob they want and making them spawn at a rate suitable to modded with torcerhinos.

Javatech did suggest that he could try to make a custom recipe to make broken spawners, with say 1 spawner shard and some other materials. If that could resolve it, then cool. I'm also curious if some higher setting in the server software affects this. It is still a mystery why only admins can place blocks including crystals to spawn the dragon, at the exit portal at the End. When admins helpfully summoned the dragon the other night, players could not damage the ender crystals on the obsidian obelisks. Players can place and break blocks there, but still we couldn't damage the crystals. Could some setting in server software, giving some permissions be affecting the issues in the End and the broken spawners?