Cartmon1337 Ban Appeal

Cartmon1337

Regular
Dec 19, 2016
Minecraft Name: Cartmon1337

Why you were banned: Griefing/Stealing

What Server were you banned from: CC1

When were you banned: 22/02/17

Why should they unban you: I was banned for griefing/stealing in an unclaimed base. Myself and several others who were teleported to said base were all told that the base was unclaimed or that the claim has expired and as a result we were allowed to take the items. I was not sure how the person teleporting us there could tell that the claim has expired as there is no way for us players in game to check this ourselves, all we can see is claimed or not claimed however they continued to say that we were allowed to take items from an unclaimed base. I did not initially join in with everyone griefing and as the screenshots show in the grief report, my name shows up very little. In total I broke, 4 molecular assemblers and 42 growth pulsers however these were collected by another player, all that I took from the location was 20 acceleration cards and 4 reinforced watering cans however I would not have even taken this if I had known that we were going to get into trouble for it, again I only participated because I was under the illusion that this was an expired claim and we were allowed to take the items. I have been playing on kkmc for around 3 months now and this has been my first mistake and 1 that I very much regret and certainly do not intend to repeat. I'd happily give the items I took back to their rightful owner and then some and apologise.

In light of this event, I ask that the rules for unclaimed griefing/looting please be made clearer to avoid anyone else from getting into trouble when they think that they are doing nothing wrong and also ask what the purpose of claim decay is if it can lead to events such as these where a player may be away from the server for a month, they return to a griefed base as there claim expired and then everyone involved in griefing there base gets banned.

I am sorry for my actions, and promise that this was a one time occurrence.

Who banned you: Giraffiki

Also how long are you banned for: Two weeks.