BurntToastyy's ban Appeal

Toasty

Regular
Feb 16, 2017
So, this is my input on the whole scenario and I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone on this post alone. These are the issues with this situation which I mentioned on discord:
Essentially several players were asked to teleport to the said griefed location, and were told the following:
"It's an unclaimed base, we're allowed to take the stuff"

I myself was already a little skeptical on even participating in this at all - so I took it upon myself to read some information regarding the unclaimed base rules. As of today if you /rules griefing and click on the provided link in-game which I'll provide a screenshot of. It clearly links you to the main kookykraft website, which this alone is a huge issue and should've been addressed from the get-go. ( http://i.imgur.com/iLzxLrs.png )

Furthermore, I cannot speak on others but only myself. Yes, I did participate after I couldn't find any specific rules about unclaimed 'griefing' and I assured I utilized the stick before I even began to participate. Once again, I went along with it cause I generally trusted the players who seemed to have more knowledge in the rules than I did at the time, as I was here roughly a year ago when I first purchased the Katgod, and chunkloader packages. I essentially took their word for it, as I've been absent quite a while and I'm sure the rules have changed since then.

Anywho, after the scenario bypassed. The original owner of the base returned from his absence, who happens to be jacob_800 and of course like any other average player he was upset that his hardwork was tarnished and which the assisant took action into this and led to a report.

I checked the FAQ for the current rules which it is very vague on covering unclaimed griefing, and I don't believe players should be held accountable or liable for it not being properly stated in the rules accordingly.

Evidence:
http://i.triz.moe/YTRjM.png
http://i.imgur.com/iLzxLrs.png
http://i.imgur.com/c5gPQnn.png

Banned by:
Giraffiki

Ban Length:
14 days

Ban Date
2/22/2017

Ban Time:
11:39

Toasty

Regular
Feb 16, 2017
To addition to to this if unclaimed griefing or ANY player base destruction isn't allowed. What is the purpose of claim decay essentially it's setting players up for failure and to be banned. I've saw several bases that were unclaimed griefed and no staff member did anything. I apologize for my misconduct, but as I said earlier I can't speak for others. I did not intentionally intend to break the rules, and I can assure it won't happen again.

I just want to stress the importance that the link/rule regarding unclaimed griefing is addressed so that other players don't ruin others experience in the future like this scenario, and that also we can all follow the rules that are listed and aforementioned. Obviously I care about this community and the server as a whole as I've donated over $30 towards it, doesn't that show some type of sympathy and that I actually want to play here and abide the rules.

Last edited:

Timidx3

Regular
Sep 17, 2016
I've been talking to you in discord and you genuinely seem sorry about the incident. You didn't mean to break the rules. I 1000% agree that the link in the rules regarding unclaimed griefing needs to be addressed. It's not fair to the people looting, and the people who are getting looted, when the rules are so unclear.

I do wish that you had asked a staff member before taking part in the griefing, instead of trusting other players, although.. I had a fellow staff member say to me yesterday.. "It was unclaimed, the claim expired.. He didn't break any rules." So I don't quite see any other way the situation could've taken place, I just hope that this is a learning experience for everyone, and that steps are taken so that this doesn't happen again.

I do hope that someone looks into this, and considers reducing your ban.

Goodluck, Toasty!

Oklahomie_

Regular
Nov 6, 2016
Yes, I got banned without even being talked to and I had no idea this was a thing. If it isn't claimed, I thought it was fair game. It's not right to have a claim system and not tell players that it will be ignored anyway. :/

Hammertroll

Regular
Sep 18, 2016
Griefing is not allowed whether or not there is claim protecting it. That rule have been on KKMC since before i started to play here for well over a year ago.

BouncePlayz

Aɢɢʀᴀᴠᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ Aɴɴᴏʏɪɴɢ
Dec 16, 2016
ive been here for a god dam long time and its always been no griefing or stealing no matter weather or no there is a claim

Quinnd2006

Regular
Nov 4, 2016
To addition to to this if unclaimed griefing or ANY player base destruction isn't allowed. What is the purpose of claim decay essentially it's setting players up for failure and to be banned. I've saw several bases that were unclaimed griefed and no staff member did anything. I apologize for my misconduct, but as I said earlier I can't speak for others. I did not intentionally intend to break the rules, and I can assure it won't happen again.

I just want to stress the importance that the link/rule regarding unclaimed griefing is addressed so that other players don't ruin others experience in the future like this scenario, and that also we can all follow the rules that are listed and aforementioned. Obviously I care about this community and the server as a whole as I've donated over $30 towards it, doesn't that show some type of sympathy and that I actually want to play here and abide the rules.

I totally agree with every word of this, and timethecat said so that it was fine to grief unclaimed territory.

And I thought might as well grief it because someone else is gonna grief it because I got there in a /RTP

Oklahomie_

Regular
Nov 6, 2016
Griefing is not allowed whether or not there is claim protecting it. That rule have been on KKMC since before i started to play here for well over a year ago.
Is there a way to let players know other than banning them first? I cannot find that in the rules and it is not made obvious in the game. You may know this from talking with admins and being around a long time, but to new players, we have no clue. What's the point of claim decay otherwise? I wasn't a part of these guys, but I feel like I fell for the same trap. :/ Wasn't trying to troll or grief, but just thought it was fair game.

Toasty

Regular
Feb 16, 2017
Can we get some-what of a response. I'm being patient but I really want to continue doing what I enjoy which is playing on KookyKraft