Banned for taking from an expired claim

Oklahomie_

Regular
Nov 6, 2016
As far as I knew, any blocks that are not claimed are free game. I do not believe I griefed, or trolled in any manner. I only took from a place I stumbled upon that wasn't claimed by anyone. I checked all around with a stick, but no result. I am not sure why there is a claiming option if I get banned for this. There are a lot of buildings in CC1 abandoned or claims expired. No where in the rules is it stated that I could get banned for looting. I do not think this is a just action by being banned. :/

Ozelotte

Regular
Sep 17, 2016
The reason for claims to expire is in case you want to expand and someone had an inactive empty unused claim next to you, sadly (my personal opinion) all kinds of raiding (looting as you call it) anything that is obviously manmade is considered grief on Kookykraft and so you have broken one of the main rules. Stating that you do not knew or that you dont think it is fair, doesnt help you. If on the other hand you should write an appeal with a sincere regret and understanding and promise never to do so in future, and to help others to know the rules too, it might have another result (again, only my personal opinion).

I will suggest staff to rephrase parts of https://kookykraftmc.net/index.php?faq/ and https://kookykraftmc.net/index.php?pages/info/ to avoid future confusion. Thes stickpart was written before claim-expire was implemented on the servers. For one server the "stick" is even replaced with an arrow.

Oklahomie_

Regular
Nov 6, 2016
An appeal is a request for a decision to be reversed, not an apology. I follow the rules and had they been stated in the rules or one of the admins made it clear on the forums, I would have not taken the items. As I said, I thought it was fair game because the claims had expired and there is no rule, just a bunch of members saying that it is considered grief. But to those that are new to KookyKraft, it shouldn't be ban first and tell after. I couldn't care less about the ban, but am more frustrated that the rules are not explicit. Seeing as I am not the only one recently, but many other new people are getting banned for it, there is a real problem that needs to be talked about.

For me the confusion was I played before there was a claim-expire and since it is a new feature on the CrundeeCraft servers so to have that feature and not explain that the items as fair game is not cool to anyone. As well as for those that have played on other Minecraft servers that have claim-expire, the rules are different. I don't think it should be expected of new players to know your system or definitions if it is not written clearly for us to understand.

Javatech

Pʀɪɴᴄᴇss
Aug 23, 2016
An appeal is a request for a decision to be reversed, not an apology. I follow the rules and had they been stated in the rules or one of the admins made it clear on the forums, I would have not taken the items. As I said, I thought it was fair game because the claims had expired and there is no rule, just a bunch of members saying that it is considered grief. But to those that are new to KookyKraft, it shouldn't be ban first and tell after. I couldn't care less about the ban, but am more frustrated that the rules are not explicit. Seeing as I am not the only one recently, but many other new people are getting banned for it, there is a real problem that needs to be talked about.

For me the confusion was I played before there was a claim-expire and since it is a new feature on the CrundeeCraft servers so to have that feature and not explain that the items as fair game is not cool to anyone. As well as for those that have played on other Minecraft servers that have claim-expire, the rules are different. I don't think it should be expected of new players to know your system or definitions if it is not written clearly for us to understand.
While I agree with most of your points, you are flat wrong in the first paragraph.
Appealing is to acknowledge you did something wrong. Disputing is saying you did nothing wrong and imply that you shouldn't have been banned.
From reading what you are saying, it sounds like you probably want to do is Dispute your ban. KKMC has a separate forum for just this kind of thing.

Ban Disputes vs Ban Appeal

Oklahomie_

Regular
Nov 6, 2016
I'm glad for your agreement. I will move my post over to dispute, but I am not sure if I would say I was flat wrong in my definition of appeal as I have a more lawful definition in mind I guess: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/appeal
"1) appeal v. to ask a higher court to reverse the decision of a trial court after final judgment or other legal ruling."

Whenever I think of appeal, I think of debate class..

Just another case of not knowing each other well and the limit of communication over technology. :)