A lot of things, all over

Discere

Regular
Jun 1, 2017
I've organized this into separate categories, based on how hard these are to implement.

Level 1 – Config / Forums
· Ban Weather Obelisk (Ender IO 1.7). You already ban other weather related things.
· Add a /hub, or if you want a BetterAlias link to /server hub
· Make advertising by saying names, not IP’s a bit more defined. For this example, let’s say a player says this: “<Player 1> Hey! Join [IP here]! OP voting rewards! Free ranks over time!” That’s obviously advertising. However, if another player says this: “<Player 2> Let’s build on KookyKraftMC!” That’s also (kinda) advertising, but since no IP was said it leaves us on an edge. Does referencing a server name count as advertising? Staff discretion is fine, until two staff disagree. Amend the rules to state weather saying a server name counts as advertising.
· Add a /ping entry to the messages shown every so often so that players know how to detect lag
· A guideline for suggestions, ban reports, donation supports, and more to be written, specifying things such what servers it would affect for suggestions.
· Split Discord #help into #1.7.10help and #1.10.2help, since all mods are different among versions. I’m looking at you, Thaumcraft and Draconic Evolution!
· Ban RFTools Spawner / Syringe. Reason: Lag

Discere

Regular
Jun 1, 2017
Level 2 – Plugin / Server modification
· Make entity clears asynchronous, for the non-developers that means it’s not stopping the regular server to remove entities, instead it runs side by side, so it doesn’t cause a performance drop.
· Remove the server listing category in market if there are no server listings available
· Change the messages sent every so often. If someone knows about /market already, there is no need to keep reminding them.
· Add [Cat] to the tab list. I might have the [Persian] or [Javanese] tags in chat, but still only a [Fan] in the tab list.
· Periodic end / deep dark resets. With so many people sharing the end, eventually it will look bad and the relatively chaos dragons will be all killed, and people will have to fly hundreds of thousands of blocks out.

Last edited:

Discere

Regular
Jun 1, 2017
Level 3 – Probably not possible / Mod modification
· Make the resurrected ender dragon’s difficulty a per-player thing. That way a newer player doesn’t have to fight a super strong dragon due to others resurrecting it a lot.
· Add a lag tracker to see where lag comes from, example who’s base, or what java task is causing it (rendering, bandwidth, dimension loading, just too many players, etc.)

Last edited:

Phyl_Swyft

The Prometheus
Staff member
Owner
Aug 14, 2016
  • Will look into it.
  • Don't need it because the hub is only for fallback.
  • What is advertising and what is not is up to the staff who review it.
  • You can do /ping, instead of saying "Pong", it just says you can't use the command.
  • Already working on doing that.
  • No.
  • Doesn't lag.
  • Already is async.
  • No, because they're could be.
  • Will look into it.
  • They get reset once and a while.
  • No.
  • No, player's don't need to see where lag comes from.

Discere

Regular
Jun 1, 2017
For the spawner, yes it does. There was a significant amount of lag when I was using it and it stopped as soon as I removed it. For /ping, it works on SF2.5, and I want more people to know about it so that they stop complaining. If the entity clear is async, why is there a massive lag spike every time it runs? Where lag comes from is meant for staff to use, not players, so staff can remove the lag making contraptions.

Phyl_Swyft

The Prometheus
Staff member
Owner
Aug 14, 2016
For the spawner, yes it does. There was a significant amount of lag when I was using it and it stopped as soon as I removed it. For /ping, it works on SF2.5, and I want more people to know about it so that they stop complaining. If the entity clear is async, why is there a massive lag spike every time it runs? Where lag comes from is meant for staff to use, not players, so staff can remove the lag making contraptions.
Because the clearlag runs when the world saves.

Discere

Regular
Jun 1, 2017
Because the clearlag runs when the world saves.
Okay, I'm playing on Sky Factory 2.5. Both the World Save and ClearLag are ran seperatly, and they are both announced. In SF2.5, it is definitely not async nor with the world save.